Welcome Bootcampers! We got our math right! Next week we’re celebrating our 200th EP! We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line about how the Bootcamp has helped you!
In this EP the guys take some time to break down their thoughts about the importance of not missing people in the midst of doing ministry.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Loving people is central to our calling:
- Greatest commandment (and the second is like it) Love God and Love Others
- John 13 – Jesus says people will know us by our love.
- Loving and leading people well requires that we LISTEN well
- Patch Adams says his initial interview with a new patient is 3-4 hours
- “In the midst of a turbulent, often chaotic world, ministers are called to be contemplatives, to be people who ‘listen’ to the voice of God and to the voices of those who suffer.” – Henri Nouwen
- James 1:19 – My dear brothers and sisters, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger,
- Community is a central human need
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer said “Christian community is like the Christian’s sanctification. It is a gift of God which we cannot claim.”
- Acts 2:42, 44-47 – “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer… All the believers were together and had everything in common… And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
- Its ok to not be ok but its not ok to stay there
- Loving people means LEANING into sanctification
We’d love to hear your thoughts, drop us a line, voice mail, comment.
Get with our fantastic sponsor, One Eighty Digital, they can help your church develop a clear, concise and focused communication strategy designed to connect with your community and communicate the hope we have in Christ. Contact them and let them know you are a loyal Bootcamper.