Hey Bootcampers, thanks for joining us this week! Today after Jimbo recounts his misadventures with “hot chicken” the guys get down to the serious business of speaking about an important leadership move, sharing the Pulpit. Do you share preaching responsibilities in your church? How would you start? What is the benefit? Listen in and follow along and be encouraged to take steps to add to your preaching team.
Why should you share the pulpit?
- Gives your congregation a diverse diet of preachers
- It is an avenue for raising up, empowering, and sending out new leaders
- Helps keep you in a humble posture
- Creates space for personal renewal
Gives your congregation a diverse diet of preachers
- Sometimes it can be helpful to hear from different but unified perspectives or styles
Avenue for raising up, empowering, and sending out new leaders
- Move toward decentralized leadership
- There is a shortage of pastors right now – there is no better place to raise them up than in local churches – normative-sized local churches
- There is no better way to help raise up preachers than to let them preach
- It is a blessing to see others thrive in their God-given gifts and passions
Helps keep you in a humble posture
- Makes sure Jesus is the main hero
- Sets the church up better for your eventual exit via death, retirement, or resignation. Every pastor is an interim pastor
Creates space for personal renewal
- As wonderful as the opportunity and blessing to preach are it can become burdensome (6 weeks seems to be a consistent pattern from people I have talked with)
- It can be very refreshing and encouraging to sit under preaching
- It frees you up to spend more energy on other pastoral tasks instead of prep
Get the help you need Bootcamper with your digital presence. Our good friends over at One Eighty Digital can get you up and running in the right way. Contact them today and let them know you are a listener.