Episode #5 – How Can Lay People Serve & Encourage Replanters
It’s Pastor Appreciation month. In this episode Bob and JimBo breakdown what they, as Pastors, view as helpful and not helpful in making them feel appreciated.
Q: How can lay persons in a Replant be an encouragement to a Pastor and his family?
Not helpful or particularly encouraging to Pastors
- Sharing criticism right before the Pastor gives the sermon
- Spontaneous job performance reviews
- Adding last minute songs to the Sunday morning liturgy-right before the sermon
Helpful and encouraging to Pastors
- A personal prayer team (people outside the church)
- Specific encouragement regarding how the sermon impacted their life
- Specific feedback on how your pastor’s leadership has impacted your walk with Christ
- Arriving early for worship, greeting guests and serving in hospitality ministries
- Serving with joy
- Engaging in discipleship, ministry and missions in the church
- Taking your Pastor and his family on vacations, trips
- Inviting your Pastor to encourage, counsel and pray for you and your concerns
What should you do as a Replant Pastor if your not appreciated on Pastor’s appreciation month?
- Be gracious-your congregation may not know it’s Pastor appreciation month
- If you are early in your tenure as a Replanter the congregation may be struggling to feel appreciative, give them grace
- Learn the secret of being content, Philippians 4:11