Bob gets honest about his disdain for Tom Brady, Jimbo has a Chiefs fan in the house and we get down to discussing why equipping your people for ministry is not only a central part of your calling but a joy. Check out the highlights below and consult the show notes for details.
The PITO lens: Personal, Interpersonal, Team, Organizational
Don’t fall into the trap of doing ministry just because you are a single staff leader. We are called to equip the saints for the work of ministry.
- evaluate your motives
- check your definitions of success
- make disciples-identify spiritual giftings and calling
- Discipleship and serving are for everyone, leadership is for a few
- involve other leaders in helping you equip others in the church
- don’t be the “lid” by limiting equipping to yourself
- have an intentional strategy, process and plan
- think broader than your context and your church, develop kingdom leaders
Liberating Ministry from the Success Syndrome by R. Kent Hughes
Leveling the Church by Micah Fries
Cultivating a Life for God by Neil Cole
Need help with your website? Checkout our exclusive sponsor OneEighty.digital let them know you heard about them on the Replant Bootcamp.