Jimbo does a solid favor for Bob and Kyle of the Replant team and then they guys get down to the serious business reflecting on trends in the church with our good friend, Keelan Cook, from the Union Baptist Association.
- Church gatherings have fundamentally changed through the use of media (online, drive-in, Facebook, Youtube etc.)
- The “Netflixification” of church is occuring, people are watching worship services when it fits in their schedule – not when the church is live streaming the in person gathering
- There are positives and negatives with this practice (homebound, special needs populations)
- Consumerism and Self-focused decisions are on the rise
- “Embodied Practice” = we expect you to be present for gathered worship is going to be a tension point for us as we moved forward.
- We have to evaluate every piece of media we put on social media and ask: “Who is this for?”
- What churches put online should shift to be a primary means of outreach, shared by church members
- Pastors and Leaders will need to work hard to transition their folks back to the gathering as a practice.
Check out part 2 next week.
See where Jimbo stopped to pick up Dr. Pepper @ the great travel stop Bucee’s – check it out!
Get the website help you need, connect with our great sponsor One Eighty Digital they’ll get you up and running in the right direction.
Show notes powered by Descript are an approximation of the verbal content, consult podcast audio for accuracy