Hey there Bootcampers! The guys are back for a brief rest from their travels before heading out on the road again and they took time to catch up with Rick Wheeler, Director of the Florida Baptist Foundation (Stewardship Simplified.)
Together with Rick, we spent some time talking about church finances, a topic that may be overlooked until there are issues. But, we need to be proactive in our talk about finances. Grab a notebook, listen in and glean some great insights in the world of finance.
Stewardship: is the God honoring management of resources as an obedient and a faithful disciple of Jesus.
Here are some other great insights from Rick:
- Be Intentional in talking about Stewardship
- Ensure appropriate and adequate financial controls and accountability (2 sets of eyes and hands, accurate reports, separation of duties)
- Bring in an outside voice and eyes to assist your church in setting policies and practices. (State Convention, Association, organization.)
- Communicate with the congregation-let them know about your financial controls and accountability structures.
- Understand what a budget is:
- A goal-something you are leaning toward-make it faith oriented
- A guess-it is not for sure or certain
- A guide-it helps you know the boundaries and it serves as a guide
- It is not a “god”
Listen all the way to the end for more great info from Rick on this important topic.
Steward your web presence by contacting our sponsor, One Eighty Digital, they can help your church communicate and connect with your community.