2020 keeps on 2020ing – Arkansas winning football games, emus running wild in Jacksonville. The guys discuss these things and more.
This is the 4th episode in a series on change leadership:
- Revitalization 2 step – Prayer and Urgency
- Building a Change Leadership Team
- Creating and Communicating a Clear Vision
At this point in the change leadership process it is important to equip and empower leaders and members of your church to do the work of ministry (Eph. 4:11-16).
- Part of this process requires that you remove barriers to change leadership
- Restrictive governing policies
- Lack of needed skills/competency
- Sacred Cows
- Bullies — “Pastor, stop being nice”
- Insufficient communication
“It isn’t the changes that do you in, it’s the transitions.” – William Bridges, Managing Transitions
“One common mistake leaders make when introducing major change is assuming everyone who initially opposes the change is rebelling against their leadership. . . Some leaders misinterpret opposition from followers because they do not understand major change produces grief.” – Jeff Iorg, Leading Major Change