The guys are back in action after celebrating the 4th of July! They talk about favorite fireworks, Bob nearly getting arrested and Jimbo’s near death experience with a church member who loved him some fireworks.
In today’s episode the guys get down to offering some key cautions for Shepherding Pastors as they lead their congregation.
Here are the quick points, give them a listen and give us your feedback.
Cautions for Shepherding Leaders
- Lead at a pace faster than you might normally prefer
- Realize that you may not ever have a unanimous consensus around decisions – If God has spoken, move forward
- Shepherds may become “flock” focused rather than “Father” focused – get away from the flock (congregation in order to hear from God and get His vision
- Bring courage with your calm and clarity as you lead. Expect pushback and proceed when God has clearly spoken about His direction for your church.
- Be ready to deal with negative and divisive people who persist in their criticism, negativity and antagonism-do this according to Colossians 1:28-29. Proclaim the gospel, warn and teach.
- Know your time frame- a Shepherd Leader may be tempted to stay beyond the time of his effectiveness-be sensitive to God’s leadership and direction if it is time to go.
Have a question? Can we help? Drop us a line or give us a call and we’d be happy to connect with you.
As always we want to thank our great sponsor over at One-Eight Digital, they can help you with all your website needs, contact them and let them know you’re a bootcamp listener.
Show notes are powered by Descript and are an approximation of the content. Consult podcast audio for accuracy.