The Bootcamp boys continue the ATL Bootcamp series and are joined by none other than Pilot Mountain’s own, Walker Armstrong. Walker serves as the AMS Leader for the Pilot Mountain Association and is one of the leaders who helped create the Replant Practitioner Training. Listen in as they discuss what it takes to be healthy as a Pastor serving in a local church.
Staying Healthy is challenging when:
- Pastors/Leaders become isolated and alone
- When they persist in the hard work of ministry without any breaks
- When they don’t have a coach, mentor or friend
- When they ignore their own health (physical, spiritual, financial etc.)
What can be done to address pastor health?
- Develop a regular practice of “check-ups” and “Check-in’s”
- Join a pastors cohort group-where proactive care and focus are given to members
- Develop a list of conversational questions aimed at discussing the issues of life, ministry and spiritual growth
Great quote from the episode: “You are only as sick as your secrets.”
Guys, don’t Pastor alone, connect with other Pastors. your Associational Leader or check in with us here at the Bootcamp. Drop us a line, send an email reach out today.
Need help? Pastoral Care Line: 1-844-PASTOR1 is a free, confidential, dedicated help line for pastors. Trained, professional counselors are available every day from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. (ET). Confidentiality is ensured by Focus on the Family.
Checkout Walker’s writing here: WalkerArmstrongwrites.com