Don’t let 2021 overwhelm you, stay with the basics, the irreducible minimums of ministry and take joy in leading your congregation and loving your people. The guys are back at it, discussing how you can excel at Engaging the Community. (also Jimbo shares a pretty incredible story right up front)
- To engage the community you have to love the community – to grow in your love for the community you have to be in the community
- Get involved and go to the civic events, parades, sports events etc
- Go to the coffee shops, diners, firehouses, feed stores-get out and be a part of the community
- Get to know the people right around your church.
- Engage your neighborhood, invite people over for time around the firepit
- Throw a neighborhood party
- Set up in a coffee shop-put out a sign letting people know you are willing to pray for them.
- Engage the community together as a small group or church
- Trunk or Treat at the Elementary School
- Serve a youth sports team
- Serve in the community as a church-get out and serve on others turf not your own
- Cast a strong vision for your church members to engage in whatever arena they are active in
- Serve a like minded organization
- Serve with your city by engaging with the city leaders.
The Art of Neighboring by Jay Pathick and Dave Runyon
The Gospel Comes with a House Key by Rosaria Butterfield
Four Fold Panorama by Keelan Cook