In this episode the guys pick up where they left off last time-talking change leadership. To lead change in a Replant or Revitalization you are going to need help-how do you build a team to lead change? The guys break it down.
In examining your church you need to diagnose if you have a leadership problem or a followership problem. Jimbo’s Quote: A church can go much further with great followership and mediocre leadership than with mediocre followership, and great leadership.
Building a Change Leadership Team: Characteristics to look for
- Character-are they growing in godliness?
- Chemistry-is this someone I could sit with for 3 hours in a room at church talking ministry?
- Competency-can they lead and serve?
- Commitment-are they going to stick it out?
- Credibility-do others follow them?
If you have a sending church or sponsoring church here are some important steps to consider:
- Have a clear vision (write it down, share a prospectus with potential change team members)
- Offer a clear opportunity for involvement
- Ask for a commitment from them
- Explain reality for them-they need to understand what they are likely to experience
Resources: Replant Roadmap by Mark Hallock
Need a great website? Our sponsor, One Eighty Digital can get you going! Check them out.
Show Notes: want to read along while the show plays? Check out this episode’s show notes below delivered by: Descript
TRANSCRIPTS are an approximate account of the audio recording and may not be 100% complete. Audio should be consulted for accuracy