Attention Bootcamp Listeners! Be sure to sign up for our Replant Bootcamp Ball Cap Giveaway!
Last week at the Missouri Baptist Convention the guys caught up with their good friend and Replant Pastor, Evan Skelton. The topic: the weightiness of leadership.
- Pastors/Replanters are leading in very heavy times. (Politics, Covid19 etc.)
- Pastors are exhausted and leaving the ministry
- There is nothing like the weight of leading from the first chair
- In the midst of chaos and crisis your people need a shepherd more than ever! A shepherd who leads from the confidence and joy in Christ.
The truth of being at the end of the “Liver Line,” sometimes in leadership it all comes down to you, when that happens you have to step up.
If everything “always comes down to you” it’s important to examine your leadership-this isn’t healthy and it won’t lead to joy, longevity or effectiveness in ministry.
How can you handle the weight of leadership?
- Stay in the word and in prayer
- Constantly remind yourself you are not the hero-Jesus is!
- Be honest about your weaknesses and struggles with the right leaders
- Allow God to redeem the bad moments in your leadership
Pastor Brother, are you hurting and in need of encouragement? Contact us here that the Bootcamp or call the
Pastor Help Line: 1-844-PASTOR1. This is a free, confidential, dedicated help line for pastors. Trained, professional counselors are available every day from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. (ET). Confidentiality is ensured by Focus on the Family.
Is your website weighing you down? Get some help by connecting with our great sponsor: oneeighty digital
Check out the show notes below for more detail. Show transcripts are an approximation of the podcast, audio should be consulted for exact detail