EPISODE #72 – MAKE DISCIPLES
We’re back! Discussing the irreducible minimums of ministry that we can focus on as we shepherd and lead the church during this season. Our topic today-making disciples. We have been using the PITO Air Force Leadership model as a framework. Jump in and give it a listen. Have questions, feedback? We would love to hear from you, drop us a comment, email or text.
The mission according to Mark Clifton: “make disciples who make disciples who make the community a noticeably better place.
- You have to be a disciple yourself
- Engage in personal spiritual practices on your own
- Prayer by Tim Keller has a great description of our soul and a boat.
- Who are your 2-3 who discipling yourself?
- A disciple is someone who is a little further down the road than another person in their walk with Christ.
- Discipling another person/s is a non-negotiable for us as a Pastor.
- Disciple your team as “lead disciplers” this is both in content and practice
- Challenge/Require every team member to be a discipler of others
- Prioritize discipling over “ministering” or doing administrative tasks.
- Your church needs a Discipleship Pathway-how will you strategically lead someone to Jesus and help them grow in Jesus?
- Just attending church and going to small group/sunday school isn’t discipleship
- Encourage discipleship through your preaching and teaching regularly
No Silver Bullets by Daniel Im
Disciplines of a Godly Man by R. Kent Hughes
Growing up by Robby Gallaty
Cultivating a life for God by Neil Cole
Gospel Centered Life by Bob Thune
The official definition of grits
Get the website help you need, connect with our great sponsor One Eighty Digital they’ll get you up and running in the right direction.
Show notes powered by Descript are an approximation of the verbal content, consult podcast audio for accuracy