This week the guys welcome to the bootcamp a long time Replanting friend, Pastor Mark Hallock, of the Calvary family of Churches in Denver Colorado. The guys spend time talking about how to be encouraged as a Pastor during this difficult season we find ourselves in.
- Every person needs more encouragement than they get!
- Pastor-you must stay encouraged yourself!
- Think on Godly things (Philippians 4:8)
- Guard against the overindulgence of ministry and media
- Get outside in God’s creation!
- Spend time in personal worship
- Engage in edifying conversations
- Spend time in prayer
- Encourage those around you
- Be intentional and consistent in your communication with your leaders
- Practice Macro and Micro Shepherding
- Micro-one to one (texts, phone calls etc.)
- Macro-entire congregation
- Pray for and feed the flock God’s word
- Get back to the basics of pastoring your people
- Trust the Lord and ask him to give you Joy
Start the Barnabas Challenge: encourage three people everyday. This will transform your congregation-it is powerful when a church becomes an encouraging church.
Get the website help you need, connect with our great sponsor One Eighty Digital they’ll get you up and running in the right direction.
Show notes powered by Descript are an approximation of the verbal content, consult podcast audio for accuracy