In this episode Jimbo talks about his transition away from his role as a full time Pastor to full work with the Replant team of the North American Mission Board. As they unpack Jimbo’s story listen in on some of the key insights as you might consider a transition yourself.
- Evaluate your call on a regular basis
- Never abandon your call because ministry is difficult
- Consider “catalytic” moments that reveal your passion or changing passion
- Examine your heart before the Lord: “Is this a distraction?” “Is there any selfish ambition?”
- Consult your mentors and ask them for feedback
- Exercise caution not to “over spiritualize” the decision
- Discuss the decision with your spouse
- Prayerfully consider that someone else may be better suited to lead the church forward
Sometimes the work of Replanting a church can be destructive to you-here are some of the warning signs.
- Difficulty in your marriage or family
- You are spiritual dry and your relationship with God has gone cold
- You are engaging in sin or destructive habits
Are you in need of help? Don’t go it alone, reach out to a local counselor, or call the Pastor Help Line: 1-844-Pastor1
Stay tuned for Pt.2 next week.
The Rail Yard if you’re in N. Little Rock
Our great sponsor, 180Digital, for all your website needs.