Why is change so difficult to accept? Especially by churches who are steeped in decline? We may need to consider how we’re wired up and what we think. In this episode the guys talk about brain science, group think and what we need to know about it all as Replanters. Dial it up, sit right down and let us know what you think.
What do we need to know about Brain
- Your experiences shape your brain and your reactions
- Habits and Responses become hardwired into your brain
- Your brain has a natural negativity (protective) bias
- Thinking is contagious
- Remapping a thought pattern is possible but difficult, time consuming
Church Application for Replanters/Revitalizers
- Some congregants are fearful
- Church traditions are hardwired in the congregations collective conscience and not easily disrupted
- Congregations are hyper vigilant regarding potential threats to their existence
- Remaining Members in a deeply declined church will likely have the same mindset
- Changing the existing group-think is possible but will be difficult and time consuming
It’s not too late to sign up for the Replant Summit in ATL, we’d love to see you there!