The Bootcamp boys are back! Jimbo is fired up for the “battle of the boot” game between LSU and Arkansas. The bet is on-will Jimbo wear the Hog Hat or will Bob wear the Pajama top? We’ll see.
Today the guys answer a question from one of Listeners about how to manage boundaries and friendships with members in our congregation. Listen in as we break it down and talk about all the ins and outs of navigating the issues of friendships within a Replant.
Here are some of the highlights
- Be wise and cautions toward the person who pursues you constantly-just after you arrive at your church.
- Be friendly with everyone, be friends with a few. (Proverbs 18:14)
- Consider the difference between friends and acquaintances.
- Note: you may not really know how deep the friendship is until you have experienced conflict in the friendship
- You may have to deal with “possessiveness” (directly or indirectly)
- Addressing spiritual growth, sin or other issues with a friend/congregant can be difficult.
- During difficult seasons in the relationship you will have to decide: am I their pastor or their friend-it’s not easy.
- Friendships with other Pastors are important critical-get connected to a Pastor in your area.
Join us in NOLA for this great event!
Am I a Replanter, Feb 18-19, 2021 New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
Don’t shank it to the left or right-get your website in order. You can do that by calling One Eighty Digital, they can get you up and running with their expertise. Tell them the boys at the Bootcamp sent you.
Drop us a line, a question and a comment, we’d love to hear from you!