EP 182 – THE CONFLICT CONVERSATION
Welcome back Bootcampers! We’re jumping back in on the subject of conflict, with the “other” Bob. Today the guys get down to the important subject of how to have the “conflict” conversation.
First, a little definition on one of the important characteristics of Replanters, the willingness to confront.
Willingness to Confront: the replant pastor with a willingness confront is able to willingly but not eagerly, navigate conflict with directness, love, humility, patience and wisdom, driven by a love for the church and her members.
As they jump in here’s the resource mentioned: Crucial Conversations. A crucial conversation is any conversation where you know, there will be opposing opinions where there’s strong emotions and the stakes are high.
Here are some quick insights when it comes to crucial conversations
- We need to look at an entire pattern – not just an instance
- It is important to prepare for crucial conversations
- Avoid jumping to the “worst” interpretation of an offense
Here are some tips to be more productive during times where you are having crucial conversations.
- Be self aware-know what your triggers are and what is taking place inside of you.
- Ask yourself in that moment: “Why am I feeling this way?”
- Understand what story you are telling yourself.
Avoid making the fool’s choice: which is when I believe in the heat of the moment that everything is either or.
Check out the rest of this EP for some incredible helps on dealing with conflict.
Get the help you need for your church’s website and web-presence. Our great sponsor, One Eighty Digital can get you headed in the right direction.