Episode #11 – Thankfulness and Encouragement with Mark Hallock
Mark Hallock Lead Pastor, The Calvary Family of Churches, Englewood Baptist Church
In Replanting you can be thankful that
- God has called you to the mission of seeing churches raised from the dead
- You have been called to preach the word
- You have been placed in a particular community that needs to hear the gospel
The last thing a church needs is a thankless pastor!
How to cultivate thankfulness
- Your personal devotion life is key-being in the word everyday.
- Remember and be amazed at how you have been saved by Jesus!
The Relentless Encourager by Mark Hallock and Scott Iken
- Encouragement is a differentiator that makes you want to follow a leader!
- The warmth and love that is experienced through encouragement creates a response to the one who exhibits it from an authentic life.
Best Hallock Quote of the Show:
“Many of us have encouraging thoughts, but we don’t let those translate into encouraging words. Until encouragement flows from my tongue to your ear it’s not encouragement. It’s just a nice thought that you had that no one is blessed by.” -Mark Hallock
What keeps us from encouraging others?
- Lack of intentionality
- Pride (especially in leaders)
Being an effective leader in a small dying church is different than serving in a large church, this is why warmth, hugs, encouragement and healthy touch are important to bring about a new culture.
In the early days of a Replant-just about everyone is discouraged! It so important to be an encourager!
Notable Quotes from Mark:
“What you bleed as a leader, is what your people will bleed in time.”
“The culture of a dying church is changed by the encouragement and love of the leader.”
“You can’t fake being a loving encouraging person for long! You need to beg God to make you an encouraging person.”
“The lack of encouragement is robbing you and others of joy!”
“Being an encourager is like Christmas everyday!”
Mark’s Children’s book: Our Great God!
Other books by Mark Hallock